Glenn Fabry is a British illustrator known for his detailed, realistic work in both ink and painted color. While Glenn’s name is often first associated with comics, he has lent his talents to several memorable game box arts, including for Marvel properties.
In 1984, Glenn started work on 2000AD, Britain's flagship comic’s weekly, where his main character was the Celtic barbarian ‘Slaine’ written by Pat Mills. Of note: Slaine would also be Glenn’s first game box art, for Martech’s 1987 release for the Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum. Glenn stayed with 2000AD for eight years, while also pursuing a freelance career which included television advertising, magazine covers and video game box art.
Glenn is a 6-time Eisner Award nominee, including a Best Cover Artist win for Hellblazer in 1995.
OVGA has included below Glenn Fabry’s full known box art catalog:
- Slaine (Martech | Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum | 1987)
- Speedball 2: The Brutal Deluxe (Image Works | Amiga-EUR, Amiga 32CD, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS-EUR, Game Boy Advance, Mega Drive-EUR, Master System-EUR | 1990) Not US DOS/Genesis art
- Captain America and the Avengers (Mindscape, Inc. | Game Boy, Game Gear, SNES | 1993) Not Genesis art
- The Incredible Hulk (U.S. Gold | Game Gear, Genesis, Master System, SNES | 1994)
- Spider-Man and Venom: Separation Anxiety (Acclaim Entertainment | Genesis, SNES, Windows | 1995) characters each painted separately, then arranged for vertical and horizontal compositions
- Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems (Capcom | SNES | 1996)
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (Sierra | Windows | 2001)
- Desperadoes: Wanted Dead or Alive (Infogrammes | Windows-US | 2001)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes (Atari, Inc. | Xbox | 2003)
Glenn created artwork for/related to the 1997 game Damage Incorporated; however, the final, published box art does not appear to be Glenn's work. Glenn was also involved in the art for 2012 Capcom game Asura's Wrath for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360; the published box art appears to be digital but may have been based on a design by Glenn.