Chris Achilléos was a Cypriot-born British painter and illustrator known for his fantasy art for books, video games, and other uses.
Chris was a cover artist of the covers of many Target novelisations during the 1970s. For the earlier publications, he provided both front cover art and comic book-style back cover vignettes. He also produced a limited edition print commemorating The Five Doctors, and, for SFX magazine, a poster commemorating the premiere airing of Rose. He also contributed at least one cover to Doctor Who Magazine. His 1987 art book Sirens includes many of his Target book cover art. Chris also designed the cover for the re-release of Battlefield. For over the past 40 years, Chris has created some of the best loved fantasy and glamour art and is acknowledged as one of the top fantasy artists in the world.
OVGA has included below Chris Achilléos's full know box art catalog:
- Talisman: The Magical Quest Game (Games Workshop Ltd. | ZX Spectrum | 1985)
- Temple of Terror (Adventuresoft U.K. Ltd. | Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum | 1987)
- Bloodwych (Image Works | Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum | 1989)
- Carthage (Psygnosis | Amiga, Atari ST | 1990)
- Bloodwych: Data Disks Vol. 1 (Image Works | Commodore Amiga, Atari, 1990) repeat image
- Battle Master (Mirrorsoft Ltd. | Amiga, Atarti ST, DOS, Genesis | 1990)
- J.R.R. Tolkien's Riders of Rohan (Personal Software Services | DOS-EUR | 1990) not the US Konami/Image Works DOS release
- Barbarian II (Psygnosis | Amiga, Atari ST | 1991)